Located in a Natura 2000 area, Moulin de Chez Joyeux is the ideal place to escape the crowds and enjoy delicious food. The new owners Johannetta and Herman would like to welcome you to the B&B from June 3, 2023.
Moulin de Chez Joyeux has 4 spacious accommodations where you can stay. This B&B is adults only and pets are not allowed. The B&B is an old miller’s mill that has been completely renovated. The domain is located on more than 5.5 hectares, of which more than 2.5 hectares on the B&B side of the river (municipality of Thiat), and more than 3 hectares on the other side and consists mainly of forest (municipality of Darnac). The area is very suitable for walking and cycling.
Arabella room is a very spacious house on the 1st floor of the old miller’s house. You have a beautiful view of the river and there is a private bathroom with a walk-in shower. A fixed staircase in the sitting room on the 1st floor leads to a rustic sleeping loft with a double bed of 160×200 cm. There is a casement window with mosquito net and the thick walls keep it cool inside.
Room Capriccio is located on the 1st floor of the oldest miller’s house. In this characteristic and spacious room you can enjoy modern comfort. There is a private bathroom with shower. This room has a double bed of 160×200 cm. There is a casement window with mosquito net and the thick walls keep it cool inside.
Room Barcarolle is located on the ground floor in the oldest miller’s house. In this spacious attractive room with modern comfort you will find a sitting area, a private bathroom with rain shower and a double bed of 160×200 cm (with 5 comfort zones). The Barcarolle room is also ideal if you have difficulty walking. There is a casement window with mosquito net and the thick walls keep it cool inside.
Room Devertimento is located on the ground floor of the old miller’s house. In this room with modern comfort you will find a sitting area, a private bathroom with shower cabin and a double bed of 160×200 cm. There are 2 separate duvets on the bed. Room Divertimento is also suitable if you have difficulty walking. There is a casement window with mosquito net and the thick walls keep it cool inside.
All rooms have bed linen and towels. The used towels are changed daily. You must bring your own beach towels. In the rooms there is a kettle and a coffee machine. In the bathroom you will find a hairdryer, shampoo and soap.
Facilities & Relaxation
– Outdoor pool, heated by the sun (completely private!) Of 10 x 5.5 meters. Depending on the weather, the swimming pool is open from the beginning of June to the end of September
– Sunbeds on the sun terrace and also on the lawn just outside the pool
– Sun terrace with garden furniture and parasol
– ‘Honesty bar’ with soft drinks, beers and wines etc. Here you can also keep your medicines cool and / or freeze your ice packs
– Refrigerator for storing your packed lunch (NB it is not possible to cook in the room!)
– Free WiFi, available on the terrace and by the pool
– Folders and extensive documentation about sights and activities.
– Table tennis table
– Boat for the river
– An extensive breakfast (at 9:00 am) consisting of: various types of bread, croissant, muesli, orange juice, milk, an egg, yogurt, coffee or tea, various jams, honey, cheese and cold cuts. Johannetta and Herman serve breakfast and dinner in our large living room where a cozy wood stove burns during the colder months.
– Table d’hôtes (so dine together with the owners): extensive 4-course dinner for € 25.00 p.p. excluding wine, beer or soft drinks
– Bar: possibility to order soft drinks and light alcoholic drinks (wine, various types of beer, etc.)
– Transport to and from the train station or airport can be arranged (for a fee)
Moulin de Chez Joyeux is approximately 845 km from Utrecht.
A car (or rental car) is a good way to travel around France and useful if you want to visit slightly remote places. The roads in France are of good quality. On the highways it is regularly indicated where the nearest petrol stations / restaurant, picnic areas are. Please note that you have to pay toll on the French motorways. You can pay by credit card or cash at the toll gates.
Furthermore, you must be in possession of International Insurance Certificates or the green card if you are going with your own car. In France it is mandatory to have an alcohol tester in the car.
A Dutch driving license is sufficient, so an international driving license is not necessary.
This is a bit trickier, you can fly to Lyon & Bordeaux, but must have a rental car. Moulin de Chez Joyeux is actually a difficult destination to go to without a car.
The official language in France is French. Each region speaks its own dialect. In the tourist area you can go as a tourist with English.
Just like in the Netherlands, people in France pay with the Euro. You can go to most banks with credit cards and Traveler’s checks. With a Dutch bank or giro debit card which has a maestro or cirrus sign, you can go to the ATMs. American Express, Diners Club, Via, Master and Eurocard passes are accepted in almost all restaurants, shops and petrol stations.
Limousin is a region on the west side of the Massif Central in France. Limousin and the capital Limoges have a mild climate. The sun already starts to shine in spring, the summers are wonderfully warm. Because Limoges is located on the Massif Central, it can sometimes be rainy for days. However, the average rainfall per month never exceeds 100 mm.
|Climate table Limousin|
|Average number of hours of sunshine per day||6||6||8||9||8||7||5|
|Average number of days of rainfall||15||15||12||10||10||12||12|
Spacious room on 2 floors. Surface approximately 24 m².
Room for 2 persons.
Room for 2 persons.
Room for 2 persons.
All accommodations have been personally visited by us. We are happy to help you with your choice!
Do you have questions? We are ready for you!
Travel organization Internatuur
Do you have questions about our trips or would you like to make an appointment? Please contact us by calling +31 (0) 26 – 361 71 34 or fill in the contact form on the right and we will contact you as soon as possible.
6932 DW Westervoort
Monday through Friday: 09:00 – 17:30.
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.